Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do if any channels are not working?
In some cases, you may see an error code (or) message on your TV Screen.
This message may be caused by one of the following:
- The channel is not included in your existing Bouquet/Ala-carte. To add channels, Visit Here.
- If the set-top box is having trouble communicating with the satellite, it displays the following error codes.
If there is heavy rain, please wait for it to pass. If there are no weather conditions but still if you see the above mentioned error codes.
2. How to refresh your Sun Direct set-top box or receiver?
To refresh or troubleshoot your receiver box for active plans, do the following:
- Please keep your BOX switched on and go to channel 64
- Visit www.sundirect.in and go to the “HELP” section. Under the help section, click on “Refresh here to watch subscribed channel if it shows error”.
- Verify your Sun Direct account details using Registered Mobile Number/Smart Card or CDSN Number/CR-ID.
- Select the error code from the drop-down menu and proceed to REFRESH.
Still Having Issues? Please contact our customer care numbers or register a complaint here.
1. How to get a new Sun Direct connection?
You can get your new Sun Direct SD/HD connection in the following ways:
- To get your new connection online visit – Sun Direct New Connection.
You can make online payments using Net Banking, Debit/Credit Cards, E-Wallets & UPI Payments.
- For new connection enquiries and to request a callback
- To upgrade your Sun Direct connection from SD to HD - Visit here
Visit your nearest Sun Direct Sunshine Centre’s.
2. How to subscribe to Sun Direct Bouquet/A-la-Carte?
You can add Sun Direct bouquets, Broadcaster bouquets or a specific channel (A-la-Carte) to any base package.
To activate a channel or bouquet via the website:
- Login to Sun Direct Account using RMN/SMC/CR-ID
- Go to Subscription Pack page, select a required bouquets/A-la-Carte (Add-on)
- Proceed to payment.
To activate A-la-carte via SMS: send sms to 9600058585 in below format
- ADD<space> LCN <space> SMC / CDSN Ex: ADD 572 80202020212
To deactivate A-la-carte via SMS: send sms to 9600058585 in below format
- DROP<space> LCN <space> SMC / CDSN Ex: DROP 572 80202020212
To activate Bouquet via SMS: send sms to 9600058585 in below format
- ADD<space> SMS Code <space> SMC / CDSN Ex: ADD SNTAPSD45 80202020212
To deactivate Bouquet via SMS: send sms to 9600058585 in below format
- DROP<space> SMS Code <space> SMC / CDSN Ex: DROP SNTAPSD45 80202020212
*SMC / CDSN is the Smart Card Number/Client Device Serial Number on the Set-Top-Box
Note: LCN / SMS Codes are available in the website/mobile app.
3. How to upgrade my set-top box?
You can upgrade your set-top box from SD to SD+ (with recording facility) or from SD to HD in following ways.
- By contacting the Sun Direct Helpline.
- By visiting your nearest Sun Direct Sun Shine Centre’s (or) retailers.
1. How to reset my password?
You can easily reset your password. Follow the steps below.
- On the My Account Sign In Page, Login using RMN/SMC/CR-ID.
- Select the Forgot Password? link from the menu button on the top right corner.
- Generate and Verify OTP (One Time Password) received to your registered mobile number.
- Enter a new password and confirm it, and then select Submit.
Note: One Time Passwords cannot be used to Sign In Sun Direct Account.
2. How to change the name and address in my Sun Direct Account?
To make changes to your user name and address, please reach our customer care helpline 76010 12345.
3. How to modify or change my registered mobile number?
To change your RMN, do the following.
- Login to My Account using RMN/SMC/CR-ID.
- Select My Profile link from the menu button on the top right corner.
- Enter your password and then select Submit.
- On the My Profile page, click on the Change Mobile Number button.
- Enter the New Registered Number, Password and then select Submit.
4. How to register a complaint or check the status of the existing complaint?
To register a complaint:
- Go to the Help section, below the fold you can find the Complaint Management System.
- Enter your RMN/SMC/CR-ID and validate it.
- After validation, select the type of complaint and the symptom from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Mobile Number on which you want to be contacted and mention the summary of the issue.
- Then, click on Submit.